ACTIVITIES AND RECREATION
Lake Macquarie hosts a great variety of activities that take advantage of the beautiful and versatile environment. Whether it’s the fantastic walking and bike tracks, fun on the water or the stunning views from the many venues around its perimeter, Lake Macquarie is sure to entertain and impress.
Picnic lakeside at Regatta Park, just across the road from The Brighton. Fish from the wharf, feed the pelicans or just relax under the beautiful shady trees!
The surrounding suburbs are also home to world class sporting facilities, cinemas, golfing, art galleries and casual recreation such as bowling, ice skating and laser tag. There’s something for everyone!
Around Lake Macquarie
- Lake Macquarie Kayak and Bike Hire lakemacquariekayaks.com.au
- AAA Horse Riding and More aaahorseriding.com.au
- Lake Macquaire City Art Gallery artgallery.lakemac.com.au
- Marmong Point Marina marmongpointmarina.com.au
- Bike Trails Around Lake Macquarie findandgo.com.au/biketrails
- SuperStrike Bowling superstrike.com.au
- Xtreme Karts Warners Bay xtremekartswarnersbay.com.au
- Red Alert Laser Tag redalertlasertag.com.au
- Hunter Ice Skating Stadium hiss.com.au
- Lake Cinema lakecinema.net.au
- Event Cinemas Glendale eventcinemas.com.au/Cinema/Glendale
- Lost In The 50’s lostinthe50s.com.au
- Edgeworth Miniature Railway youtube.com/watch?v=7bflj0xOpLQ
- Lake Macquarie Live Steam Locomotive Society lakemacquarielivesteam.org.au
- Toronto Country Club torontocc.com.au
- Dobell House dobellhouse.org.au
- Toronto Railway Station nswrailwaystations.wordpress.com/toronto
- Awaba house awabahouse.com.au
- Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility footballfives.com.au
- Speers Point Park See 360 Virtual Tour
- Hunter Sports Centre hsc.org.au
If you are a golfer, you can choose between Morisset Country Club, Waratah Golf Club and Toronto Country Club all within just a ten minute drive from The Brighton.
Morisset Country Club has a championship-grade 18 hole, par 72 golf course.
Waratah Golf Club offers all players from any level an opportunity to play, from the challenging par 5 to the tricky par 3 holes.
Toronto Country Club contains an 18 hole golf course and clubhouse. The club extends an invitation to visitors to enter their competitions. There are regular Saturday & Thursday competitions and a Ladies’ competition on Wednesdays.